Eggplant Parmesan - The Chiappini Way
3 medium sized eggplant
2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup grated romano cheese
1 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp granulated garlic
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp white pepper
1/4 cup of milk
10.5 oz of goat cheese cut into 1/2 inch
slices (we love goat cheese so we use large ones - 10.5 ounces but use
what you like)
1 lb of shredded mozzarella
1 can of Hunts spaghetti sauce (we like
the italian sausage but you can use a vegetarian option)
Canola or vegetable oil
- Preheat your oven to 375°
- Wash and remove the stems from the eggplant.
Slice the eggplant lengthwise about 1/2 inch thick.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together.
This will be your breading for the eggplant.
- Mix eggs and milk together to make your
- Preheat a skillet or fry pan with about
1/2 inch of oil (this will vary depending upon the size of your pan)
- Dip each slice of eggplant in your wash
and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Cook each slice until browned. Flip them
and brown the other side. Remove from pan and place each slice on a
rack to drain.
- In a small 8x8 casserole dish you will
need to start layering your ingredients. Start with a thin layer of
sauce to prevent sticking. Add a layer of eggplant. You will need to
have these overlapped. On top of the eggplant you will use about 2/3
of the goat cheese. Cover with about 1/3 of the mozzarella and about
1/3 sauce. Top with another layer of eggplant. This is the last layer
so you will want to use up all of your ingredients. On top of the eggplant
layer the goat cheese, the last of the sauce and top with the remaining
- Bake this in your preheated oven for
about 45 minutes or until bubbling and browned.
- Allow to rest for about 10 minutes, cut
List (things you will need)
Hunts spaghetti Sauce
Item (things you may already have)
Italian seasoned bread crumbs
canola or vegetable oil